I’m a writer and I’ve been writing for more than three years. There are a lot of habits that I’ve started since then. Let’s talk about them!
- Whenever I read a book and they introduce a new character, I try to mentally check if their traits and looks coorespond to my characters. I do this all the time.
- When I’m in bed at night, I silently write scenes with a few of my favorite characters from my stories to see what they’d end up doing. It’s a great character personality test to see if they’re their own people.
- I tend to talk about my characters as if they were real people. I know they aren’t but I still do it anyways. For example: “Katheryn would love that dress, if it was purple instead.” (Katheryn is a real character of mine and she would totally love that dress if it was purple.)
- There are endless settings to choose from. And the cool thing about being a writer, is that I can use any of them! But, I have the habit of always choosing the same few settings even though I don’t have to. I should definitely change that.
- When I want to write, I’m busy; when I’m bored out of my mind, I have no interest in writing. It’s a constant problem and it’s become a habit.
- At the end of a long day, I enjoy doing a little bit of writing, to ease my mind a little (surprisingly, it does ease my mind). But, then I go crazy. And by crazy, I mean I don’t stop writing until 2 AM. It’s become a large habit of mine, whenever I go through my mad writing phases. Right now, I’m not in that phase, but I’m sure I’ll be doing that again in a few weeks.
That’s all I have for today! Don’t forget to give me some feedback! If you agree with, or have any of these habits, don’t be shy to tell me about it! Comment below some of your weird writer’s habits!
QOTD: Do you like coffee, tea, neither, or both?